2014

2014

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

Well with Father's Day coming up tomorrow I thought I better show some appreciation for the wonderful men in my life! First of all, there is my wonderful hubby and father to Miss Abigail.......Aaron! What an amazing father he is! Abby and I are lucky girls. I know when Abby was first born I immediately could tell that Aaron was so protective and in love with his little girl. I loved how he made sure everyone washed their hands before holding her and is just always looking out for her well being and what is best for her. It was hard for him because he was working full time and going to school in the evening full time so he missed out on a lot of Abby during that first year and a half. But he has always tried to do whatever he could to make up for it and be with us as much as possible. I could go on and on forever about how great of a father Aaron is and different memories I have...........but I won't. I just want to thank Aaron for being a great husband and father!! We Love you! Below are a few pictures that capture some very memorable moments between father and daughter:
At the hospital catching some cuddles with dad.
(oh she was so sweet and well behaved there......then we took her home!!)


Little twinners, don't ya think??


This is on their birthday! A special day they will always share, but I kind of feel bad for Aaron because I think Abby will always steal the spotlight! Don't worry Aaron, we won't forget about ya!!

To cute! (and I love the bib!!!)


Resting on dad at Matt and Jen's wedding.


Thinking she is so cool in dad's sun glasses.



I could watch Aaron play with Abby for hours..........


Loves giving her dad hugs and kisses!!! And it is even sweeter now that she runs to him saying Daddy!!!

Aaron wouldn't be such a great guy if he didn't have such a great dad. So, I want to thank my father-in-law Jim for teaching Aaron so much and being such a great example. You are a great father, and I'll never get tired of talking about sports and current events with ya! You are a great Grandpa to Abby and we are so lucky. Thanks for all you do!! We love ya!

Now, on to my own dad,who I also want to pay much much tribute too. What an amazing guy who has it all! Thanks dad for teaching me the importance of work and the importance of making smart, wise decisions in life. My dad is amazing at being a leader through example. He teaches that you don't just get things, you must work hard to earn them. I love watching my dad with the grandkids. He is a great Grandpa. Thanks dad! We love you and have so many great memories!! (and so many more to come!!)

Happy Father's Day to all!



3 comments:

ATLP said...

Great Post! We are oh so lucky to have such great men in our lives!

Christy said...

Cute blog entry Amy! Love the picture of Abby and Aaron together. Happy Father's Day Aaron!

The Allen Fam said...

Very well said!!! I cannot remember the girls being that small!! Crazy, crazy, crazy!!